A BOGOF promotion that can be used on a POS, Self Checkout or Self Order Kiosk can be created by using the ‘Promotions’ WAY2PAY Back Office module using the following steps:
- Once signed into the WAY2PAY Back Office, press the ‘System Maintenance’ navigation button and then press ‘Promotions’.
**NOTE** If this option is not visible, please speak to the manager or team that manage the WAY2PAY system for your organisation.
- Within the ‘Promotions’ screen, press the ‘Create New Promotions’ button.
- The page will display a form within the General tab that you will need to complete with the following information that are mandatory:
|Promo Type||For a BOFOF promotion select ‘Buy N Get N’|
|Promotion Description||Give the promotion a description. For example, ‘This is a crisps BOGOF promotion for all crisps’|
|Use Specific Dates||If the promotion does not run continuously, toggle this on. From here, you will need to confirm the start and end dates for the promotion.
If the promotion is runs continuously, do not toggle this on
|Use Specific Day Times||If the promotion needs to run at a specific time each day, toggle this on. From here, you will need to confirm the start and end times for each day.
If the promotion will run 24/7, do not toggle this on
- Once all fields have been completed, press ‘Next – Qualifying Devices’ button to confirm what devices are eligible to offer this promotion.
- The page will display a form within the Qualifying Devices tab where you will need to select which devices can offer this promotion. Press the “Devices” dropdown which will present all devices in your organisation’s database. Here, you can:
|‘Select All’||To add all devices to this promotion|
|Press ‘Deselect All’||To remove all devices from this promotion|
|Manual toggle||Each device on or off in the list|
|Promo Type||For a BOFOF promotion, please select ‘Buy N Get|
- Once all fields have been completed, press ‘Next – Qualifying Items’ button to confirm what products are eligible for this promotion.
- The page will display a form within the Qualifying Items tab where you will need to select which items can trigger this promotion and how many triggering items must be in the basket to activate the promotion. From here, set the following:
|Minimum Quantity Per Item Group||Confirm how many triggering items must be purchased to activate the promotion.
|Item Group 1||Press the Item Group 1 dropdown and toggle on the triggering items that can be used in this promotion.|
- Once all fields have been completed, press ‘Next – Result Item & Price’ button to confirm what the resulting items and price are for this promotion.
- The page will display a form within the Result Item & Price tab where you will need to set the following information:
|Result Price/Percentage Off||Confirm the result price or percentage off the resulting item.|
|Result Items||Confirm which resulting items can change to the result price or percentage off when in the basket with the trigger items:
- Once all fields have been completed, press the ‘Save Promotion’ button.
- Once the Device Operator has been created, the device will take 10 minutes to receive the new login details.
Self-Checkouts and Self-Order devices
- Will automatically apply these changes on the start screen so no further action is required.
- Will require a Device Operator to manually apply the new update when this has been received, this can be done by pressing the ‘New Database’ yellow notification that appears on the POS when an update is ready to apply.